GALL BLADDER / BILE DUCT SURGERY
A pear shaped organ which stores the bile fluid in the human body is called the gall bladder. The Bile fluid passes through the bile duct before it is released in to the small intestine. It is placed on the underside of the liver and has a primary function of storage and release of bile fluid as and when required.
Conditions that may affect the Gall Bladder are:
- Swelling / Inflammation of the Gall bladder
- Presence of stone in the gall bladder
1. Cholecystitis: is a condition of a swollen gall bladder due to presence of stones or an infection which may stick to it through the pancreas or the blie duct. Patient complains of cramping pain on the right side of the abdomen just beneath the ribs. Yellowness of the skin, vomiting, nausea and referred pain are some of the common symptoms associated with this.
2. Cholelithiasis: These are commonly known as gall stones. The bile fluid has a large amount of salts and components and the excessive amount of theses salts may cause formation of small silent stones. These stones just lie around without causing active damage. But they might get blocked in the bile duct and other portions of the tract and cause severe blockage. Common symptoms include, severe pain after 2-3 hours of a fatty meal, nausea, bloating, heaviness, fever and clay colored stools .
3. Cancer: It is found in cases of repeated instances of the gall stones. Though it becomes very difficult to diagnose it, considering the organ remains hidden under the liver.
Traditional Cholecystectomy: An open surgery involving the incision of 5-8 cms long cut in the abdomen. The organs and the blood vessels are shifted aside and the gall bladder is extracted. With the removal of the Gall Bladder, the bile is drained in to the liver directly through the use of the hepatic duct.
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: This procedure involved the making of small 5-6 holes in the abdomen. Several micro surgical equipment are inserted through the holes after filling the abdominal a cavity using carbon di oxide. Then the images displayed through the lens which has been inserted along the equipment. And the micro scissors remove the gall bladder and connect the hepatic duct with the gastrointestinal tract. The extracted Gall bladder is pulled out through one of the holes.
Key Tags – Gall Bladder counsellor india I cost of Gall Bladder transplant in delhi I best Gall Bladder transplantation counsellor in india I Counsellor of Gall Bladder transplant surgery in india I Gall Bladder Transplantation coordinator in india I Gall Bladder Transplantation coordinator