Dr. B L Kapur, an eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, set up a Charitable Hospital in 1930 at Lahore. In 1947, he moved to post-partition India and set up a Maternity Hospital at Ludhiana. In 1956 on the invitation of the then Prime Minister, Dr. B L Kapur initiated the project for setting up a 200 bed hospital in Delhi. The hospital was inaugurated by the Prime Minister, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on 2nd January, 1959.
By 1984, when the hospital celebrated its Silver Jubilee, it was an expanding hospital well on its way to becoming Delhi’s premier multispecialty institute. Services offered included General Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dentistry, Pulmonology, Intensive Care and Orthopedics, apart from mother & child care
A factor of much importance to the hospital was the health of the community. Enthusiastic doctors held camps and public health talks to improve the status of community health in the area.
In the late 1990s, the Trustees of the hospital felt the need to upgrade it to a tertiary care hospital and tied up with Radiant Life Care Private Limited to re-develop and manage the facility. Today, a modern state-of-the-art tertiary care hospital has come up in place of the old hospital. It is one of the biggest stand alone private Hospitals in the National Capital Region today.